About this EventOverview
The RBC Changemaker Challenge is a fast-paced and high-energy event where you'll work with other post-secondary students to generate ideas to make Edmonton the best place for youth to work and live! Teams of students will work with one another and community leaders to come up with ideas and solutions that respond to the 2019 Youthful Cities Urban Work Index Report.
What does the day look like?
- 8 a.m. - Breakfast and networking
- 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. - Work in interdisciplinary teams to identify and develop ideas to make Edmonton the best place for young people to live and work. You will think deeply about the future of work and the needs and aspirations of young people today. Gather input and expertise from community leaders in the private, non-profit, and academic sectors throughout the day.
- 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. - Prepare and pitch your idea to a panel of experts. Top ideas can receive a cash award!
Students from four partnering Edmonton post-secondary institutions are invited to participate. You are invited to register if you are a current student at:
- MacEwan University
- University of Alberta
Why should I participate?
- Grow your network and collaborate with other students and community leaders
- Dive deep into a social challenge - the future of work - and come up with ideas that are real and relevant to Edmonton
- Get great hands-on experience for your resume
- Top 2 teams will win $500 each for their idea!
Please contact Leo Wong, Founding Director of the MacEwan Social Innovation Institute, at [email protected] or contact [email protected].
*Presented through the generous sponsorship of RBC Royal Bank*